Saturday 21 March 2015

Maori Bay Coastal Track

Hey folks! This weekend it was supposed to rain, but it didn't and I wasn't working so I left to go on a hike!!!

I have been wanting to do this one for quite some time, not sure why I haven't! But I am glad I did! The Maori Bay Coastal Walk is about an hour away from Auckland City, and right next to Omaha beach which is a great beach. The walk took me about 2 hours or a bit under. I took the challenging way first, and went towards the water, rather than the hill. Turns out it was way harder than the hill would have been. The trail is really small, and leads basically to a little footpath the eventually forces you down a steep little slope into the water. It was okay though, really pretty and from there on you just walk on beaches. After you get sick enough of hobbling over rocks, you can find relief in a staircase up a hill, from there you are in the grassy hills roaming around and bothering sheep. So New Zealand. It is just a BEAUTIFUL hike, and it isn't that long. Recommend!

Here are some great photos. I don't edit these because I am lazy, this is just real life New Zealand.

























No comments:

Post a Comment